HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED FOR NEW USERS:
• Go to IRS.gov and select “View Your Account”
• Select the “Log in to your Online Account” button
• Click “Create Account”
• Pass “Secure Access” authentication. Individuals must be able to authenticate their
identity to continue to set up an account. See IRS.gov/secureaccess for details
• Create a profile.
CHECK ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT AMOUNTS
People who got less than the full amounts can check the amounts of their first and second
Economic Impact Payments to accurately calculate any 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit
they may be eligible for on their 2020 tax return.
• The first and second Economic Impact Payment amounts can be found on the
“Tax Records” tab.
• Amounts will show as “Economic Impact Payment” for the first payment and
“Additional Economic Impact Payment” for the second payment.
• For married filing joint individuals, each spouse will need to sign into their
own account to view their portion of the payments.
For more information regarding the credit, see the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit page at IRS.gov/rrc.
ADDITIONALLY, TAXPAYERS CAN VIEW:
• The amount they owe, updated for the current calendar day
• Their balance details by year
• Their payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
• Key information from their most recent tax return
• Details about their payment plan, if they have one
• Digital copies of select notices or letters from the IRS (under the Message Center tab)
PEOPLE CAN ALSO:
• Make a payment online
• See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
• Access their tax records via Get Transcript